- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best
When I read this book years ago, it resonated with me so much, that it became my bible. Since then, I’ve gifted this book so many times I lost count. It’s no secret that The Four Agreements has been and continues to be wildly successful. Based on Ruiz’s source of ancient Toltec wisdom, this book was written after several of his personal journeys leading to his transformations discovering his true nature. While these four agreements seem so simple, living by them, is not so simple. It requires dedication, devotion, unflappable belief & absolute awareness. It is a deconstruction of our conditioned minds that began taking place since birth.
As we continue on with life, we are burdened by more beliefs, more limits that keep us from knowing the truth of who we are. The “stories” created by our minds that we allow ourselves to believe, in turn, become our lives. Become our fate. We are tormented by our own thoughts. This idea is one that continues to keep coming up in so many texts, books, blogs etc. that I read. The wise and enlightened repeatedly teach us that all we have to do is shift our perception to change our thoughts, that rule our emotions and reactions. In doing so, we reveal our inner power to create the reality we so desire. We stop accepting limiting beliefs and take responsibility for how we show up in the world.
- Be impeccable with your word because your words are powerful. You can choose to either use your words to heal or to hurt others. Choose wisely.
- Don’t take things personally, because this may come as a shock, but it is never about YOU. The way others treat you is a projection of what they are going through, so send them love and move the fuck on.
- Don’t make assumptions because you’re most likely to be wrong! Why choose to cause unnecessary low frequency vibrations that harbor feelings of doubt and insecurities when you don’t have to? High vibes only!
- Always do your best because your best is all you got. And more importantly, someone else’s best is not yours, so who cares? Focus on you, and always being the better version of YOU that ever was and ever will be.
I believe everyone could benefit from reading this book. Whether or not you’re into spirituality or new age philosophy doesn’t matter. You will gain something from reading it. For me, when I read this years ago, I had no clue about my own divinity or spirituality. In fact, I dare say, it was non existent. But it spoke to me and little did I know, it was the beginning of what was to be my own awakening, which suffice it to say, still didn’t happen until many years later. This is simply a deep dive into the self, of truly discovering who you are, seeing who you have become and un-doing all that you have learned. It is a merging back to your soul. It is a personal freedom, a road to self mastery and perhaps, maybe even your own divinity.
Enjoy this short clip…because, you know: OPRAH.